The Red Cross, born of a desire to bring assistance without discrimination to the wounded on the battlefield, endeavors—in its international and national capacity—to prevent and alleviate human suffering wherever it may be found. Its purpose is to protect life and health and to ensure respect for the human being. The main purpose of organizing the Youth Red Cross is: Informing youth members and others the roles and responsibilities of the Red Cross and encourage them to contribute. Awareness on the care of their own health and that of others. There are 3 Units of YRC with strength 25 each in one unit.
- Our Vision is to provide opportunities to the youth – the makers of the future, to inculcate healthy living habits and to contribute their values to uplift our society.
- To inspire, encourage community service through training and education and initiate all forms of humanitarian activities at all times so that human sufferings can be minimized and even prevented and this contribute to create climate for peace.
- To inculcate Unity in the Youth.
- To create an awareness on the care of their own health and that of others.
- To Understand and acceptance of civic responsibilities and acting accordingly with humanitarian concern, to fulfill the same.
- To enable the growth and development of a spirit of service and sense of duty with dedication and devotion in the minds of youth.
- To foster better friendly relationship with all without any discrimination.