A Brief History of the College
The history of growth and development of the college is an account of the ardent zeal and dedicated endeavour of the former rulers of Paralakhemundi for the spread of education in Orissa. This illustrious institution was founded in 1896 under the munificent patronage of the Raja of Paralakhemundi Shri Shri Shri Goura Chandra Gajapati Narayana Deo. Although the idea of the establishment began in 1894 Nangu Sreenivas Rao, the then Head Master of M.R.B.H. School was given the charge in the same year.
The state government determines the fee structure. For the last several years there has been no change in the tuition fee structure. However, since the year 2000, the State Government has introduced fees for development of the college..